Thursday, August 10, 2006

a new money spinner?

The Boy is doing extra-mural studies at the moment, and was working on an essay last night. He asked me to proof read it for him, which I did. I usually proof read his website stuff, so I’m quite used to it and didn’t really think anything of it. His English is generally very good, but he does have a few grammar and spelling quirks that need fixing. Plus, when he is studying he tends to think in Portuguese, so his sentence structures can sometimes be kind of odd.

Sadly for him, he let slip that when he used to have to pay someone to do the same job, through the university, they charged up to $100 per essay… hmmm… sounds to me like I could have a new source of income sitting at the computer desk… I don’t think I could make myself charge him cash, but you’d better believe I’ll be milking it in other ways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will wait until I have to correct your Portuguese, Spanish and Italian... (o:

pj said...

well, considering I'm not planning on studying in any of those languages any time soon I think I'm pretty safe. Besides, your Italian isn't a hell of a lot better than mine :o)