Friday, May 18, 2007

deliciously girly

Is there anything more deliciously girly than being pampered? Whether it’s a manicure, pedicure, hair or makeup, there is very little else in the world that can make so many women feel like purring.

I decided to treat myself to a manicure at lunchtime – it’s been a while since I indulged myself, and I figured I must deserve it by now. I thought I’d try the little hole-in-the-wall nail bar around the corner from work, since they’re half the price of the bigger salons (and my budget is a bit limited at the moment). I have to say, though, they were fantastic. I haven’t had a French manicure that good for years, even at twice the price.

So there you go – the key to justifying more frequent indulgence: find a small business that gives great service for half the price, then you can go twice as often…

No comments: