Tuesday, January 09, 2007

the new addition

Back to work today, dammit (since we failed to win lotto over the holidays). I must admit it was a bit hard heading out from home today, not least of all because we had a new addition to the family just before New Year… But no, the ‘p’ in ‘pj’ doesn’t stand for ‘pregnant’ – it wasn’t that kind of addition. Our new addition is a gorgeous wee black kitten.

The Boy & I have been discussing getting a cat for a while now, and it’s something The Boy has been really hanging out for. It wasn’t possible while we were living in a shoebox (aka a city apartment), but we’d agreed that when we moved we’d find somewhere that would allow a cat.

So, 10 days ago The Boy and I took a drive out to the SPCA to choose our new ‘baby’. Well, actually, I think she chose us. After she’d come trotting up demanding our attention, to the point of climbing up the inside of the wire cage to get closer to the potential hugs, we couldn’t really say no to her (a theme that has continued, I have to say). She certainly seems to be thriving, and has grown astronomically since she came home with us. I don’t think she stopped purring for 3 days after arriving, but I guess anything is better than a shared cage at the SPCA. Although the SPCA staff are certainly very caring and professional, it isn’t the same as a home of your own.

No doubt there will be more Adventures of the Crazy Kitten in days to come…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cna you put pictures of her on here? :o)

pj said...

ummm... I think you can, but I'm not sure how. Will have to look into it!