Wednesday, January 10, 2007

ruining the boy’s day

I completely ruined The Boy’s day not long after we got our kitten. He was teasing me about giving her too much attention and saying (jokingly) that maybe we should take her back. He asked me whether I’d be able to take her back to the SPCA, to which I replied that knowing there was a chance that she’d end up being put down, no I couldn’t.

He was completely appalled, and was really upset for days afterwards (and still is every time he thinks about it). He had no idea that the SPCA put animals down if nobody adopted them within a certain time frame, and thought that any unadopted animal would just be kept there for as long as it took. While I’m very sure the SPCA would love to be able to do so, there is a limit to their space and resources, and it really isn’t possible.

Fortunately for our little girl, there is no way The Boy could give her up – he is completely wound around her little paws. Unfortunately, not all animals are so lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why I love and hate going there :o(