Tuesday, April 18, 2006

a confession...

I have a confession to make - I've never really understood the appeal of blogging. My partner is a mad-blogger, with not one but two blogs - one of which he spends a huge amount of time updating and fiddling with. I suspect he may also have a 3rd secret (from me, anyway) blog where he vents about my... well, lets call them my 'adorable quirks'.

In my role as Good Girlfriend I read his blogs daily, but they're pretty much the only ones I've ever looked at regularly. I do like the Borowitz Report (www.borowitzreport.com) for a bit of news satire, though.

Anyway, my personal take on blogging has always been why the hell would anyone want to read random rants from people they don't even know? And who the hell has time to upload pages and pages of stuff every day? However, The Boy has suggested that I not knock it until I try it, so here goes. A commitment from me to not only try to read more blogs, but to actually have one of my own & see how long it lasts. Any suggestions of worthwhile (and preferably entertaining) reading are welcome.

One thing I've learned from The Boy is this: keep it short & simple. Plus, you're probably not as interesting as you think you are...

So, with this in mind, the Virgin Blogger is about to make a start. Watch this space...

No comments: