Thursday, April 27, 2006

Flat shoes???

I’m heading away on a business trip to the USA in a few days – a combination of California & Florida, this time. I’m lucky that business trips for me (being in the travel industry) often involve theme parks and sightseeing tours – one of the few perks of the industry. The downside is trudging around inspecting 10 huge hotels a day in 33 degree heat.

Anyway, this time I’m fortunate enough to be invited to a Busch Entertainment VIP party. They’re the owners of the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens theme parks (and Budweiser!), among other things. This year we’re being picked up from Orlando in Hummer limos (believe me, The Boy is so green with envy that he looks like Kermit the Frog) and taken to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for a private “safari party”. I can tell you from past experience, these guys really know how to put it on, so I know its going to be a great night.

Just one problem, though… my lovely friend who has organised this emailed today to say there’ll be a fair bit of walking & an outdoor dinner (on grass, by the sound of it), so comfortable shoes are recommended – and she suggested flat shoes. Flat. I don’t own any flat shoes except ratty old beach slips-ons and ratty old sneakers, neither of which are appropriate. Seriously. Not that I’m admitting to being short or anything, I just like heels. Honest. I think I’ll have to take this as a good excuse to go shoe shopping when I get to the USA – damn, what a terrible thing to have to do… Sorry, Boy, but what can I do?? I’m being forced to go shoe shopping! And if I just happen to find something else I like, say some nice new strappy heels, well that’s not really my fault, is it??

No comments: