Monday, April 24, 2006

Never trust a boy’s bargains…

You’d think I would’ve learned by now, but every now & then I decide to give The Boy the benefit of the doubt when he wants to make a bargain. You know the type of thing I mean –“Honey, if you cook tonight I’ll cook every other night this week…” What he doesn’t seem to realise is that every time I do give him the benefit of the doubt & he blows it, he just makes it harder for himself next time.

Yes, you guessed it – I foolishly caved and made exactly that bargain on Tuesday night. At the time he was given an exemption for Thursday, since we’d already planned the movies, but was supposed to do Wednesday and Friday to Sunday. Well, care to guess how many of those 4 days he actually cooked??? No, not zero. After conveniently deciding to go out with the boys on Wednesday & Friday nights (which he decided to do after he’d already made the bargain), he did manage to cook one meal – he made a beautiful dinner on Saturday. So well done, Boy – you’ve won a special prize – the “Gee, Thanks Honey” prize.

No comments: