Wednesday, July 05, 2006

extreme ambience?

I know many restaurants like to have ‘mood’ lighting to add extra ambience, but SPQR in Ponsonby really takes the cake. The lighting is so dim that you need a torch to read the menu. Seriously. I had dinner there last night with a couple of industry friends, and the waiter was giving patrons a torch to read the menu with. And, believe me, it was necessary.

Mind you, dim light is my best light, so I shouldn’t complain too much!

Despite its wee quirks, or perhaps because of them, I do like dining at SPQR (aka Camptown). The food is always good and the waiters are always entertaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it always makes me a wee bit suspicious, I wonder whether they do it so we wont see how dirty the place is or so we are unable to detect mould on the food?....he he he, I'm sure it's not though :o)

Anonymous said...

what could be more gay than SPQR?

pj said...

not a lot, hence "Camptown"!