Wednesday, July 19, 2006

selective blindness

I have a question – do guys have the same eyes women do? I’m starting to think that the male of the species has a genetic defect that causes selective blindness.

How many times have all the women out there heard “Babe, where is the XXX”? Yet when you tell them precisely where to find whatever they’re looking for, they can’t see it. Even when they’re looking right at it.

How many times have you seen a guy staring blankly into a cupboard (or wherever) completely unable to see what they’re looking for. They insist that you’re wrong and that the item is not where you say it is. So, you interrupt whatever you were doing (which is clearly less important) and pick up the item from right in front of their nose. Every time.

If someone could find a cure for this selective male blindness, I’m sure there are millions of women out there who would happily pay any sum of money for their men to receive the treatment. I know I would.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you if you said there was $50.00 on the 2nd shelf in the cupboard they would find it instantly....

I dont think its a fact of 'selective blindness'- but - a fact that they never RETURN an item where they found it in the first place ! If they only did - then they wouldnt have to ask a million times where it is.