Wednesday, May 31, 2006

false advertising

Never mind the media – in my opinion, the world’s most widespread case of false advertising can be witnessed in cafes and kitchens in every country on the globe. So what am I talking about? Coffee.

My question is this: how can something smell so amazingly good and yet taste so amazingly bad?

I know I’m not really in step with most of the population in thinking this, but I find the taste of coffee absolutely disgusting. The Boy is the complete opposite – just the thought of a 4 shot flat white with a sprinkle of cinnamon sends him into a Homer Simpson-style trance (“mmm, coffee…”). Not me. Give me a nice green tea over that any day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

bbboooooorrrriiiinnnnnggggg!!!!
coffee rules!

pj said...

yes, Boy, we already know you think so.

Anonymous said...

PJ - You really have a great sense of writing and such skills with having such descriptive blogs - in such a female presence. Keep it up - I almost recommend reading your blog daily than picking up the usual Womans Day.
One would pressume the industry you work in is 'writing related'? (if not, then I recommend you to enter that field...cause you really have what it takes).
Look forward to tomorrows posting.
(PS. Seems 'the boy' is slighty jealous over your site considering all the stick he gives you)

Anonymous said...

nah bud... no jealous at all... just proud. (o:

pj said...

Thanks Bia - I really appreciate the comment :o)

Don't worry - The Boy just enjoys teasing!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»