Thursday, May 18, 2006

the things a man does for love

It’s amazing the things a man will do for his one true love. Get out of bed at the crack of dawn (or earlier), dress in clothes to match his loved one and support that loved one to death and beyond. The Boy has a love like that. If only it were me…

Yes, I’m talking about football (aka soccer). I’m sure there are many women out there who can relate to my pain here – especially those with Brazilian partners (or British, or Iranian, or Italian…). The World Cup starts in a few weeks, and I know I’m going to have a month with a lot of free time on my hands – just another soccer widow. I think I should seriously consider sending The Boy for a full medical check-up before the World Cup starts, though. Having seen how seriously these guys take the game, I’d like to be sure his heart is up to the stress!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

FOOTBALL! the name of the game is football!

pj said...

aka soccer...

see how worked up these guys get?? crazy...

Anonymous said...

Ever considered 'If you can't beat em - just join em'?
...you just might see the 'other side' to football (ie. the MEN, the THIGHS, the BODIES...! Did I mention the MEN?)
Consider it....its WELL worth it!

Long live the start of it all June 10th 2006!!

Anonymous said...

Robbie...i think the name of the game is actually FUTEBOL....

Anonymous said...

Futebol in portuguese/Brazilian
football is the oriinal name in English... either way, the bloody game is not called "soccer"... (o:

pj said...

Tell you what, Boy, when you can say the word "salsa" without looking like you smell something bad, I'll give up saying soccer forever ;o)

Anonymous said...

will take a while then... Salsa sucks!