Monday, May 01, 2006

past my use-by date

Well, here I am in San Diego on Sunday afternoon (local time). After a 12 hour flight immediately followed by a 3 hour drive (trying the whole time to remember that I have to drive on the other side of the road, and that the car/tank I'm in is twice the size of my wee mx5), I've finally checked into my first hotel of the trip. I'm definitely feeling well past my best-before date, even after a shower.

I would like to ask whats up with staff at car rental counters, though. Has anyone out there ever picked up a rental car when the counter staff didn't have some sort of issue that meant you had to stand around for half an hour arguing with them until they pulled their fingers out of their butts & did what they were supposed to? I've had a good experience maybe once or twice in all the times I've had a rental car, but today wasn't one of them. Enough said about that.

No comments: