Friday, June 16, 2006

and they say women are impulse shoppers…

The Boy and I usually go to the supermarket every 2 weeks or so to do the bulk of our shopping. He doesn’t particularly enjoy going to the supermarket, but neither do I and I generally refuse to suffer it alone.

Last night I did go alone, though. The Boy had a late meeting and I thought I may as well get it over with (plus, he’d be home in time to help carry the bags in). One thing I did notice as I was going through the check out was the much smaller number of “impulse” buys. No chocolate, no beef jerky, no magazines etc. And I should probably point out that these are never things that he will share – these are his personal treats. The only impulse buy, without him along, was some wine that was on sale (which both of us drink).

So there you go – proof that men are just as bad, if not worse, at impulse shopping. Mind you, that doesn’t mean he’s going to get out of going to the supermarket with me from now on. It might cost a little more when he comes along, but at least I’m not navigating the madness by myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

men are all the same.

Anonymous said...

he he he... pedigree...

Anonymous said...

Try having a child and try taking him/her shopping WITHOUT by passing treats and extras in your trolley. It cant be done.
Mind you, looks like you dont need one, sounds like 'the boy' makes up for the child/children you dont have.