Monday, June 19, 2006

she shopped, I dropped

I have to hand it to mum – she is a shopping machine.

This Mother’s Day she wanted clothes, and the deal was that we’d go shopping together so she could try on and choose for herself. Being the busy social butterfly she is, and not helped by the fact that she works Saturdays, we’d been having a bit of trouble finding a Sunday she could do. Yesterday afternoon she finally managed to squeeze in a bit of time for me (between brunch with the girls and dinner out with dad). I think the “well, you obviously don’t want a present this year” noises I’d started making finally convinced her.

Basically we spent over 2 hours in one store, trying on half the stock and considering options. It was the kind of store where when they have a half price sale (which they were), they’re just expensive instead of a ludicrous price, but they do have some beautiful clothes. After a lot of trying on and negotiation over exactly what I was going to cover and what she had to get herself, plus a quick phone call to dad, mum walked out of the store with 6 new items of clothing. She was rapt – I was just exhausted!

No comments: