Friday, June 30, 2006

oblivious or polite?

Ok, I’m getting a bit of a complex here. Last night I dyed my hair chocolate brown, which is very different from the dark blondes and copper blondes it’s been for many years.

You’d think that people would notice a change that big, but it’s pushing midday and not one person has said anything. Its not like I’ve been hiding in my office either – I’ve interacted with dozens of people this morning.

So my question is this: Are people really that oblivious, or is it so bad that they politely don’t want to mention it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're just jealous because it will look so fab. The contrast with your contacts will be amazing, can't wait to see it :o)

We have a colour blind guy here at work, is really funny, he can't notice things like that, has to ask you what colour your hair is.

pj said...

lol - I like that reasoning, so lets go with that :o)

pj said...

Nearly 4.30 and still nobody has said anything...

pj said...

well, it took until 5.01 pm, but finally somebody noticed...

Anonymous said...

You should post a pic for all of us to see!
Usually if someone colours their hair, and it really suits them (ie. it looks natural) then it becomes blind to the human eye... its only disasters that stand out where someone 'HAS' to comment on how 'wonderful' ones hair looks.
So feel good....

pj said...

unfortunately I'm extremely "photo-phobic", so pix of me aren't really on the cards :o)